BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rotface...sigh...

So last night my raiding group (it's not mine literally, btw, I just go) downed the Stinky, Precious, and Festergut and then wiped on Rotface for about an hour and 15 minutes (maybe more). Each time we attempted the disgusting twin, we got a little closer, mastered a few more of the mechanics, but ultimately, still got our ...everything...handed to us.

It's definitely a rough fight. I read a few of the mage mechanics that might be necessary, and offered those up just in case...but it still just wasn't enough.

For instance, it's important, as a mage, that you know to NOT cast mirror image but DO cast Slow (Arcane Spec only) on the oozes (both big and small when you can).

I think a bit of the blame for our consistent wiping status was definitely on me as I did not read up on the fight nearly enough PLUS I had a fever and was hopped up on cold medication...so, let's just say I wasn't completely there.

Does anyone know any strategy on how to down this Mo' Fo'? Or at least recommend something better than WoWWiki? Please let me know! Also, mages out there, let me know what you've been doing to get through this fight!

Sorry guys, still feeling...horrible...so, short post today. More to come later!

3 comments:

Ghentise said...

What I've done on rotface

DPS directly behind boss, and move through him when he sprays, tanks and dps switch positions so only 1 move vs move and go back

if you get the 1st injection, run out and kite the small slime, cast frost nova to root it when the 2nd player with a slime approaches let them merge

I never cast slow, don't even bother to spec it, better off with the talent points in something else that boosts DPS. If people are dying to the slimes, then they are doing something wrong. Gotta kite it, not stop and wait ever

use a pally to tank the big slime, they can dispel your injection when you run out to them and make it easier to get the small one absorbed. If no pally on hand, just run with the off tank till it drops, he'll kite the big one on it.

I have also run out in front of the big slime when I get the injection, and cast Ice Block, which drops the small slime, and let the big one ooze past me and pick it up

good luck

Ghentise on garrosh

Calli said...

Don't forget that the infection also gives a mortal strike -50% healing debuff, so the healers have to work twice as hard keeping you up while you're getting into position to merge the slimes. We found it easier to cleanse the infection asap. You can kite the slime, you can't kite the infection, and if the slime does bite your ankles at least the healing you receive will be 100% effective.

Havoca said...

Thanks for these suggestions! My group didn't extend the ID so I haven't had a chance to try out this strategy yet, but I definitely well next time!