BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Customized UI? Anyone?

So yesterday, after a failed attempt at trying to play the World of Warcraft board game (btw, if anyone knows how to play this game, please, tell me how to make it fun), I became very lame, and hence, no blog for yesterday.


Todays topic? The Super Bowl!!!!

Nah, nevermind -- I don't feel like writing about sports. Mostly because a) I'd have to do about 100 time more research in order to make sense in this post and b) who comes to an Arcane Mage blog to read about the Super Bowl?

Because I was away from home yesterday, I ended up having to play WoW on my laptop (not preferable), and I had forgotten the burden of adjusting back to the normal game interface after using a customized UI. Which made me wonder how many of you use a customized UI, macros, scripts, mods, etc? 

Currently, I use the following (and this is the complete list):
  • Deadly Boss Mods 
  • Enchantrix
  • PortalBox
  • Recount 
  • Bagnon 
  • Auctioneer
  • Quest Helper 
  • Mage Nuggets 
  • Decursive 
  • Omen 
  • Bartender4 
  • Chatter 
  • Postal 
  • Sell-o-Matic 
Note: All of these can be found by just doing a Google search -- and almost all are available through Curse.

The list above is all of the mods I use to either maximize my DPS or customize my UI. I use zero macros and scripts because I've never tried to create any. I might try it someday, but, I think I'd have to be pretty bored.

So anyway, after I opened up my laptop and found that I had zero mods installed, I almost went insane, but it definitely got me thinking about how much I depend on things to hand-hold me through the game. Up until I started raiding, the only mod I had was quest helper, and since the current releases, I'm not even sure having quest helper is necessary anymore. 

However, when I hit 80 and was about to go to my first raid, I was told by my guild that I needed to get Deadly Boss Mods or die, so I did, and then it got me thinking about all the other things I could download to help me out...and then it exploded. 

In conclusion, I'd like to know if anyone thinks it's wrong to customize their UI or use a ton of mods to make your game play easier. Please, tell me.

P.S. I'll post a pic of my UI sometime, if anyone is interested -- and as soon as I gather the energy to...walk up my stairs.


0 comments: