BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Horde v. Alliance

Be Forewarned: The following information is coming from a completely biased POV and has absolutely nothing to do with a Mage.


So, one of the comments to my first post was a request for my opinion on the factions and which one I preferred, or I've completely skewed the question and it had nothing to do with that at all, but oh well, you're getting it anyway.


The reason the question was raised was because I mentioned that I had recently switched factions from the Horde to the Alliance per the request of some RL peeps. So, after debating a while in my head and with my partner in Horde-crime,  I decided to go ahead and make the switch. 


I chose my race -- Draenei -- mostly because I'm not really a gnome type of person and I hate how the humans look so much less..graphically developed..


I had to change my name, which disappointed me, but I got over it soon enough. 


I'd like to say that was the end and my only disappointment would have been having to be a Draenei and changing my name, but, sadly, I was disappointed with a lot of things...


1) I had no idea where to go. Granted, when you change factions, Blizz throws in a bonus of having basically every singly flight path available, but it doesn't update the map with the major cities (you still have the Horde ones there) and you still have not discovered any of the areas -- so, you have a ton of flight paths to...brown, undiscovered map area.


2) Orgrimmar was amazing -- Stormwind...not at all amazing. I do like IF, but, it's still not Orgrimmar. It was so much more amazing to look at because it wasn't just a building. Granted, Darnassus is kind of trying to go that way...but...yeah...and don't even get me started on the Exodar -- although, the Undercity still might be a bit more confusing.


3) In the process of switching factions, I also switched servers -- my old server being an RP server -- so playing RP on the Horde side was pretty interesting.


4) I had ZERO rep with anything -- which, was very annoying. All the rep I had worked on while leveling my hordie, vanished. So, starting from scratch on that one -- and yes, it blows about as much as you'd expect.




In my opinion, the Horde cities, landscape, appearance, everything is more interesting and takes you a bit more into a fantasy land than the Alliance. I prefer it completely, but I am happy where I am now. After all, the social aspect of the game is much more exciting than being able to look like a monster.


I would like to you know your thoughts, which faction you like more, etc.


I am now leveling a few toons at the same time on the Alliance side, which will be a first for me. I'll be able to give a better opinion once I experience something other than frustrating rep grinds and empty maps.

0 comments: