BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Introduction

Greetings Blog Readers:


This is the lame introductory post that's filled with the basics: race, class, spec, etc. I also might pump it full of websites/programs/mods I use (some of which can be found in my links as well).

Okay, so, here it goes:

Character Name: Havoca
Race: Draenei (although, I started as a Blood Elf)
Class: Mage
Spec: Arcane

Yeah, that's enough -- if you want the full nitty gritty on my toon, check me out on the armory.

Now, I should warn EVERYONE reading this that I am in NO way the best mage out there, so if you've come to my blog looking for information on how to be the "best of the best", you might want to look elsewhere. This is not to mean that I can't hold my own, because, I definitely can -- I just wanted to throw out that disclaimer for the haters.

Since this is my introductory post, I plan on being pretty brief and not covering much, if anything, of substance. So, yes, you're going to be disappointed if this is 1) the only post I have up at the moment and 2) you were expecting some sort of "fall-to-your-knees-begging-for-more" blog post greatness.

The things I do want everyone to know:
  • I am a sub-par writer. I will be grammatically incorrect a lot of the time (although I'll work to avoid it) and my posts may contain a few (or more) spelling errors. However, focusing on these things will only make you think I'm an idiot -- so, let's focus on the content and not, well, the other stuff.
  • The hope of this blog is to contain an eclectic mixture of information -- mostly about Arcane Mages and the occasional information about leveling, raiding, etc (maybe).
  • I am not in a raiding guild and raiding is not my life -- I do enjoy raiding, and I do enjoy "pwning noobs", but again, it's not my life -- if you were coming here to find theory-crafting and in-depth analysis of the best way to take down Festergut, you might want to look elsewhere, as...if I decide I want to write about that, it's most likely going to be mediocre advice and will probably just piss you off if you decided that what I say is the golden rule and then you find out you've been suckered into being rank 5 out of 10 (or 14 out of 25, respectively).
  • As I work on my alts, I'll probably post information about those as well, because, eh, why not?
Okay, that seems like enough information for my first bulleted list. It was starting to look a little crowded, I think I need another one...

Sites / Programs I use:
Some Mods I use:
  • Recount (DPS Tracker)
  • Bartender4 (UI customization)
  • Omen (Aggro Meter)
  • Auctioneer (for obvious reasons)
  • QuestHelper (for even more obvious reasons)
Okay, so, this seems like enough of an introductory to me. Comments are appreciated, especially if you have something you'd like me to post about.

5 comments:

LarĂ­sa said...

Hi there, fellow mage and welcome to the blogosphere! I hope you'll enjoy it! Don't tell me about spelling errors... I do it all the time. And grammar. But no one seems to mind. It's basically a kind hearted community.

Deftig said...

Hey, welcome to the blogging world.

I would be interested in hearing your opinion of the differences in factions, seeing as you indicated you have changed.

Dammerung said...

Hi welcome!

Miss Medicina said...

Don't mind me Havoca, I'm just a bit lame. I think the comments window went somewhere I couldn't find it.

So happy you're joining the blogging community!

You should post about how awesome Disc Priests and Arcane Mages are together... I give you Power Infusion and Spirit and you give me crit thingie and Intellect!

Calli said...

Greetings fellow Arcane mage blogger-type person! May all your posts be crunchy and all your comments be chewy!

For Gnomeregan!